Lifequestalliance.com – 2024 Kia Sportage. The fifth iteration of the compact SUV that has been on sale since 1993 is the Kia Sportage. The Sportage offers a spacious and adaptable cabin, a variety of advanced technology features, and two engine options, including a hybrid. The Sportage was completely redesigned for the 2023 model year, with updates to its exterior styling, interior arrangement, infotainment system, and safety equipment. Here is what we know about the 2024 Kia Sportage thus far.
Kia Sportage 2024
After the 2023 redesign, the 2024 Kia Sportage is anticipated to be a carryover model with no significant modifications. The current Sportage has a striking and contemporary appearance, with boomerang-shaped daytime running lights, angular air intakes, and distinct lines on the front fascia. The rear of the Sportage is simple and sophisticated, with taillights connected by a black trim piece that extends from the liftgate. The Sportage’s cabin is straightforward and practical, with a curved dashboard, a large touchscreen, an electronic gearshift, and ample storage space.
The 2024 Kia Sportage’s design will be a continuation of the current model’s elegant and sporty aesthetic. The new model will have a lower and larger stance, giving it a more athletic and dynamic look. The front fascia will feature a large grille with horizontal panels and LED daytime running lights, while the rear fascia will have a boomerang-shaped light signature. The side view will resemble a coupe, with a sloping roofline and muscular tire arches.
The exterior of the 2024 Kia Sportage will be one of its primary selling factors, as it will attract buyers who desire a compact SUV that stands out from the competition. The new model will offer a variety of exterior colors and customization options, including 17- to 19-inch wheels with various designs. In addition, the new Sportage will be available in a variety of trim levels and packages that will add exterior features and accents such as roof rails, fog lamps, chrome accents, and more.
2024 Kia Sportage Interior
The cabin of the 2024 Kia Sportage will be roomy and comfortable, with sufficient space for five occupants and their possessions. The redesigned model will provide passengers with more legroom, headroom, and cargo space behind the rear seats. Additionally, the dashboard of the new Sportage will be modern and high-tech, featuring a large touchscreen infotainment system, digital instrument cluster, and wireless charging station. In addition to premium materials and features, such as leather upholstery, ambient lighting, and a panoramic sunroof, the new model will also include these elements.
Also Read: Kia Sorento 2023 Redesign Review
The 2024 Kia Sportage will feature the latest Kia Drive Wise suite of driver assistance systems, including adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic alert, automatic emergency braking, pedestrian detection, and more. The new model will also be equipped with a variety of airbags, stability control, traction control, and anti-lock brakes to defend passengers in the event of an accident. Additionally, the new Sportage will have a high-strength body structure that absorbs impact energy and reduces injuries.
The features of the 2024 Kia Sportage will vary by specification level and market, but the following standard and optional features are anticipated to be offered:
- LED headlamps and taillamps
- Keyless access and ignition
- Dual-zone automatic climate regulation
- Front seats with heated and ventilated features
- Electrically adjustable driver bench
- Steering column with leather covering
- Support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Navigation system
- Harman Kardon sound system
- Head-up screen
- Pad for wireless charging
- Panoramic skylight
- Ambient illumination
There will be two engine alternatives available for the 2024 Kia Sportage: a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and a hybrid powertrain that combines a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine with an electric motor and a battery pack. The base engine generates 187 horsepower and 178 lb-ft of torque, while the hybrid system generates 226 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque.
The standard engine is coupled to an eight-speed automatic transmission, whereas the hybrid system employs a six-speed automatic transmission. The standard engine and hybrid system offer front- or all-wheel drive. The base engine is estimated to achieve 26 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the freeway, while the hybrid system achieves 37 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway.
2024 Kia Sportage Release Date
The 2024 Kia Sportage is anticipated to make its global début in late 2023 or early 2024, possibly at the Los Angeles or New York Auto Shows. Beginning in 2024, the redesigned model will be available in North America and other markets. The new model will compete against compact SUVs including the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Ford Escape, and Hyundai Tucson.
The price of the 2024 Kia Sportage has not yet been announced, but it is likely to be slightly higher than that of the current model, which ranges from $25,305 (including destination) to $34,965 (base price). The hybrid option will be more expensive than the standard option, but it will provide improved fuel economy and performance. The new model’s precise price and specifications will be disclosed closer to its release date.
Competitive Kia Sportage Alternative for 2024
Other compact SUVs on the market, particularly those with hybrid or electric powertrains, will present stiff competition for the 2024 Kia Sportage. Among the primary competitors of the new model are:
- Honda CR-V: The Honda CR-V is one of the most popular compact SUVs in North America due to its versatility, dependability, and affordability. The CR-V is equipped with a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 190 horsepower and 179 pound-feet of torque, as well as a hybrid powertrain that combines a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with two electric motors and a battery pack, producing a combined output of 212 horsepower and 232 pound-feet of torque. The Honda CR-V has a roomy and well-appointed cabin, a smooth and agile journey, and a five-year warranty.
- Toyota RAV4: The Toyota RAV4 is another popular compact SUV with a variety of powertrain options, including gasoline, hybrid, and plug-in hybrid. The RAV4 is equipped with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that generates 203 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque, as well as a hybrid powertrain that combines the same engine with three electric motors and a battery cell to generate a total output of 219 horsepower and 163 pound-feet of torque. The RAV4 also features a plug-in hybrid powertrain that combines the same engine with two electric motors and a larger battery cell to produce 302 horsepower and 199 lb-ft of torque. The RAV4 has a robust and fashionable exterior, a versatile and comfortable interior, and a high safety rating.
- Ford Escape: The Ford Escape is a compact SUV with three available powertrains: a turbocharged 1.5-liter three-cylinder engine, a hybrid powertrain with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, an electric motor, and a battery pack, and a plug-in hybrid powertrain with the same engine and motor but a larger battery pack. The standard engine generates 181 horsepower and 190 lb-ft of torque, while the hybrid system generates 200 horsepower and 155 lb-ft of torque. The plug-in hybrid system generates 221 hp and 155 lb-ft of torque. The Escape has a sleek and contemporary exterior design, a roomy and comfortable interior, a variety of technologically sophisticated features, and a competitive price.
- Hyundai Tucson: The Hyundai Tucson is a newcomer to the compact SUV segment, but it has already made a strong impression with its attractive styling, roomy cabin, and abundant amenities. The Tucson offers a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with 187 horsepower and 178 pound-feet of torque, as well as a hybrid powertrain that combines a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine with an electric motor and a battery pack, producing 226 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. The Tucson also features a plug-in hybrid powertrain with the same engine but a larger battery cell, producing a total of 261 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. The Tucson has a modern and technologically advanced dashboard, a quiet and comfortable travel, and a five-year warranty.
Depending on the market, the specification levels of the 2024 Kia Sportage will vary, but some of the possible trim levels include:
- LX: The base trim level will include LED headlights and taillights, keyless entry and start, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, a power-adjustable driver seat, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, a navigation system, a wireless charging pad, the Kia Drive Wise suite, and 17-inch alloy wheels.
- EX: The EX trim will add leather seats, ambient lighting, a panoramic moonroof, a head-up display, a Harman Kardon audio system, a blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic alert, and 18-inch alloy wheels.
- SX: The SX specification level will include sporty elements such as a lower and stiffer suspension, sportier steering and throttle response, an SX badge and grille, a rear spoiler, and 19-inch alloy wheels.
- Hybrid: The hybrid trim level will have the same features as the LX trim level, but will be equipped with a hybrid powertrain that provides improved fuel economy and performance.