Lifequestalliance.com – 2023 Jeep Renegade. The Jeep Renegade is one of the most distinctive and proficient subcompact SUVs on the market. It provides a comfortable ride, a roomy and unique interior, a dependable engine, and an abundance of features and options. In addition, it is available in a range of trims and configurations to accommodate a variety of requirements and preferences, from the rugged Trailhawk to the luxurious Limited.
But what can we anticipate from the Jeep Renegade 2023? Will it continue to dazzle buyers with its quality and performance, or will it be challenged by new and improved competitors? Here is what we currently know about the forthcoming model.
2023 Jeep Renegade
The 2023 Jeep Renegade is part of the 2015-introduced first-generation Renegade. The 2019 Renegade received a facelift that included new rims, new colors, and new features. Also updated for 2022, the Renegade received a new engine, a new transmission, and a new infotainment system.
The Renegade will remain largely unchanged for 2023, as it already offers a compelling combination of design, comfort, technology, and performance. However, the Renegade has undergone some minor modifications and enhancements to keep it competitive and innovative. The most significant modification is the elimination of front-wheel drive; all 2023 models will feature all-wheel drive. The Sport trim level is also removed from the inventory, making the Latitude the entry-level model. The remaining modifications involve revisions to equipment packages.
The 2023 Jeep Renegade has a similar design to the other Renegade models, but it has a number of distinguishing characteristics. Round headlights, a seven-slot grille, and angular proportions give the Renegade a rugged and playful appearance. In addition, the cabin is roomy and stylish, with high-quality materials, colorful accents, and ingenious storage solutions.
The design of the Renegade is not only alluring but also practical. Its short wheelbase and narrow turning radius contribute to its maneuverability and agility. Additionally, its high ground clearance and available all-wheel-drive system contribute to its off-road capability.
The exterior of the 2023 Jeep Renegade is significantly different from its predecessor. LED lighting, new wheels, new paint schemes, and new badges give the Renegade a more modern and refined appearance. In addition to the X-shaped taillights, the My Sky removable roof panels, and the Easter eggs concealed throughout, it features a number of distinctive elements that reflect its Jeep heritage.
Additionally, the Renegade has new embellishments that give it a more distinctive appearance. Upland Special Edition joins the inventory with a more rugged exterior design, 17-inch wheels with all-terrain tires, and a Trailhawk emblem on the hood. The High Altitude package includes 19-inch granite crystal wheels, black emblems, neutral gray grille rings, and LED illumination.
We expect these trims to be available alongside the existing Latitude, Trailhawk, Limited, and Ultra Limited trims for the 2023 model.
2023 Jeep Renegade Interior
The interior of the 2023 Jeep Renegade is significantly different from that of the previous incarnation. The interior of the Renegade is one of the roomiest and most eccentric in its class. It is comprised of high-quality materials, vibrant accents, and ingenious storage solutions.
Additionally, the Renegade has ample capacity for passengers and cargo. With two tiers of seats and ample headroom and legroom for both front and rear passengers, it can accommodate up to five passengers. There is up to 18 cubic feet of space behind the second row, and 50 cubic feet when the second row is folded down.
The Renegade is also equipped with numerous technological and comfort features. Every model features a new touchscreen infotainment system ranging in size from 7 to 8.4 inches. Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, wireless charging, Bluetooth, USB interfaces, and voice recognition are supported by the system. A head-up display, a panoramic sunroof, heated seats, and ambient lighting are among the available amenities.
The 2023 Jeep Renegade is equipped with an impressive array of standard and optional safety features. The Renegade is equipped with multiple driver assistance systems that prevent or mitigate collisions, including forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and a rearview camera. Some models also include a surround-view camera, a front parking sensor, and a rear pedestrian detection system.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) have awarded the Renegade high marks for its crashworthiness and crash avoidance.
A new engine replaces the previous 2.4-liter four-cylinder in the 2023 Jeep Renegade. The new engine is a turbocharged 1.3-liter four-cylinder with 177 horsepower and 210 lb-ft of torque. New nine-speed automatic transmission transmits power to all four wheels.
The engine provides competent and efficient performance for a subcompact SUV of the Renegade’s size and weight. The engine can accelerate from zero to sixty miles per hour in a class-average nine seconds. In addition to operating smoothly and quietly, the engine functions well with the transmission, which shifts smoothly and quickly. When adequately equipped, the Renegade can tow up to 2,000 pounds, which is average for its class.
2023 Jeep Renegade Release Date
The release of the 2023 Jeep Renegade is anticipated for late 2022 or early 2023, although no official timetable has been announced. We expect the Renegade to be available by the end of the fourth quarter of 2022 or the beginning of the first quarter of 2023, given that it is typically one of the first models to join Jeep’s lineup each year.
The price of the 2023 Jeep Renegade has not yet been disclosed, but we anticipate little variation from the current model. The base Latitude variant of the 2022 Renegade costs $27,805, while the most expensive Ultra Limited model costs $34,846.
The Renegade provides excellent value for the money, as it includes many standard and optional features that are typically reserved for more expensive competitors. It also has a lesser starting price than the majority of its competitors.
2023 Jeep Renegade Competitor
In its segment, the Jeep Renegade 2023 will encounter stiff competition from other subcompact SUVs. Some of its primary competitors include:
- The Hyundai Kona is one of the most roomy and athletic subcompact SUVs available on the market. The Kona has a sleek exterior, a luxurious interior, and a turbocharged engine that provides spirited performance. In addition, it provides up to 19 cubic feet of cargo capacity behind the second row and up to 45 cubic feet when the second row is folded down.
- One of the most refined and premium subcompact SUVs on the market is the Mazda CX-30. The CX-30 features a sophisticated exterior, a plush interior, and a potent and efficient engine that provides agile and smooth performance. In addition, it provides up to 20 cubic feet of cargo capacity behind the second row and up to 45 cubic feet when the second row is folded down.
- One of the most proficient and adventurous subcompact SUVs on the market is the Subaru Crosstrek. The Crosstrek features a robust exterior, a roomy and functional interior, and an all-wheel-drive system that improves its off-road performance as standard equipment. In addition, it provides up to 21 cubic feet of cargo capacity behind the second row and up to 55 cubic feet when the second row is folded down.
The 2023 Jeep Renegade will most likely offer the same specification levels as its predecessors. These include:
- Latitude: The base trim with standard LED headlights and taillights, 17-inch alloy wheels, cloth upholstery, an eight-way manually adjustable driver’s seat, a 7- to 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, wireless charging, Bluetooth, USB ports, and voice recognition. In addition, it is equipped with several driver assistance systems, including forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and a rearview camera.
- Upland Special Edition: The second trim that adds a more rugged exterior appearance, 17-inch rims with all-terrain tires, a Trailhawk hood decal, and a 7-inch digital gauge display.
- Trailhawk: The third trim level that adds off-road suspension, skid plates, tow hooks, hill descent control, a low-range transfer case, a full-size spare tire, 17-inch wheels with all-terrain tires, a black roof and grille, red interior stitching and accents, and a 115-volt power outlet.
- Limited: The fourth specification level, which adds 18-inch wheels, leather upholstery, a power-adjustable driver’s seat with memory function, heated front seats, a heated steering wheel, a windshield wiper de-icing system, and a nine-speaker sound system.
- Ultra Limited: The fifth and highest specification level, which adds LED headlights with adaptive high beams, chrome exterior accents, ventilated front seats, a panoramic sunroof, a head-up display, and a 14-speaker sound system.